Everyone experiencing war is vulnerable, especially children. Please help us support Lifesong for Orphans in Ukraine and pray with us against the ongoing violence.
For 20 years, Lifesong Ukraine has brought holistic, gospel-centered care to vulnerable children and families across Ukraine. With the current conflict, the Lifesong team is expanding their ministry to meet the pressing needs in and around Ukraine by:
1) Delivering relief resources to those remaining in combat areas like Chernigov and Kharkiv
2) Evacuating as many as possible to secure locations in western Ukraine and across the border
3) Establishing operations in Poland to minister and offer relief to displaced Ukrainians
Please also pray persistently with us for justice. Jesus told the following parable in Luke 18:1-8 (ESV):
And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
Heavenly Father, our hearts cry out for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine. Lord, have mercy! Look on the suffering of your children with compassion and deliver them against wicked violence. Please let there be peace. We desperately ask for your divine intervention. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Lifesong for Orphans embodies five of our baseline criteria for nonprofit recommendations:
1. Kingdom-minded (ECFA-accredited)
2. Accountable, transparent, and financially sound (Charity Navigator 4-star rating)
3. Mid-financial size ($1-$100 million in annual expenses)
4. Scalable model (3+ countries of operation)
5. Serves the vulnerable through local partners (subsidiarity)
You can explore other charities serving the vulnerable in Ukraine in this National Christian Foundation article.